Website Privacy Statement
We provide businesses with subscriptions to our full-service and self-service software-as-a-service application designed to simplify our clients’ management of, and accounting for, real estate, equipment and other leases (collectively, the “Lease Accounting Solution”). Users accessing our Lease Accounting Solution (“Users”) do so only on behalf of the businesses that have purchased a subscription to LeaseQuery or agreed to the Terms & Conditions to www.leaseguru.com. We also maintain public websites under the domain name www.leasequery.com and www.leaseguru.com (collectively, the “Public Websites”). Individuals accessing our Public Websites are referred to in this privacy statement as “Visitors.”
This website privacy statement applies to LeaseQuery’s Public Websites as well as LeaseQuery’s Lease Accounting Solution; provided, however, that (1) with respect to any conflict between this privacy statement and the terms of any applicable subscription agreement between LeaseQuery and a client, the terms of such subscription agreement shall govern; and (2) with respect to any conflict between this privacy statement and the www.leaseguru.com terms and conditions, the terms of the LeaseGuru.com terms and conditions shall govern.
Select one of the links below to jump to the relevant section:
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Visitor Information. Through our Public Websites, if voluntarily supplied to us by the Visitor, we may collect the Visitor’s name and business contact information, including telephone number, email address, postal address and place of employment.
- User Information. Through our Lease Accounting Solution, we collect business contact information about our clients’ Users, including their business email address and, at their election, their name, business telephone number and business postal address.
- Session Information. Through our Public Websites and Lease Accounting Solution, we may collect information about the Visitor’s or User’s activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information and other computer and connection information (such as IP address) relating to the Visitor’s use of our Public Website (which may include the website from which the visitor navigates to our Public Website) or the User’s use of our Lease Accounting Solution. This information may be collected using log files, session recordings, cookies and similar technologies.
- Lease Data. Relevant terms or provisions of our clients’ real estate, equipment and other leases may be entered into the Lease Accounting Solution in the form of records. At the option of the client, a copy (typically in pdf) of the entire lease may also be uploaded into the Lease Accounting Solution and linked to the relevant record. These leases may contain personal information; however, since our service is provided to businesses or governmental entities and typically relates to commercial leases, the personal information included in these leases is typically limited to names, titles, and business contact information for, as examples, signatories or required recipients of legal notices.
- Correspondence. We may collect and retain records of any correspondence we have with Visitors and Users.
How We Use the Personal Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we collect about Visitors and Users on our Public Websites and our Lease Accounting Solution:
- To improve and personalize their experience when they use our websites;
- To improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services;
- For internal record keeping, administration of records and statistical analysis; and
- For compliance with applicable laws and/or regulations or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations.
In addition, we may use personal information about Visitors of our Public Websites:
- To contact them regarding any inquiry they make or to fulfill a request, such as a request for a demo or information about our Lease Accounting Solution or related services;
- To share with them an e-newsletter, blog entry or any other updates, communications or publications; and
- For direct marketing purposes (see “Direct Marketing” below).
We may also use personal information about Users of our Lease Accounting Solution:
- In connection with the performance of our services by, for example, verifying login credentials, delivering reminders of upcoming critical lease dates, monitoring compliance with the terms of the client’s subscription, maintaining and providing our clients with records of changes to records in the Lease Accounting Solution, providing support services, and informing Users of new features, functionalities or services; and
- To otherwise manage our business, for example, for billing purposes and to research user demographics and behavior to better understand and serve our clients.
Disclosures of the Personal Information We Collect
We may disclose personal information about Visitors and Users:
- With respect to Users, to our client on whose behalf the User accesses our Lease Accounting Solution;
- To our affiliates;
- To third parties engaged to help us run our business. These types of third parties may include service providers retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, including (without limitation) providers of administrative, infrastructure or other support services. These third parties may or may not be located within the United States. Portions of our services may be provided by organizations or individuals with which LeaseQuery has a contractual relationship, including subcontractors, and, accordingly, your personal information may be disclosed to them. We take steps aimed at ensuring that all such persons use your personal information disclosed by us only for the purpose of delivering our service and for no other purpose;
- In response to a court order or a request for cooperation or other inquiry from a regulatory, law enforcement or other government agency;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend legal claims, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When we believe that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; and
- To purchasers and, subject to local legal requirements, prospective purchasers in the event that LeaseQuery disposes of, or considers the disposition of, any of its business or assets.
We do not make a practice of selling, sharing, trading or renting your personal information to others in ways that differ from what is disclosed within this policy, agreed to contractually by our clients or otherwise with their permission; provided, if you are referred by a third party to LeaseQuery for our services, we may share information with such third party in accordance with our business relationship with you and that third party.
We may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing information about our products and services as well as those of our affiliates and third parties, and we may permit those affiliates or other third parties to send their own direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing may be by email, telephone, text or such other methods as may become relevant.
We will take steps to seek to ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. For example, in emails, we may provide you with an “unsubscribe” link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. In addition, if we need your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
Commitment to Security
We take seriously our efforts to protect the security and privacy of the information we receive via our websites. We maintain safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide via our website against unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Any suspected attempt to breach our policies and procedures, or to engage in any type of unauthorized action involving our information systems, is regarded as potential criminal activity. Suspected computer mischief may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Please remember that communications over the internet such as emails are not secure, and like all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through our website.
An IP address is a number which recognizes the computer or other device used to access the internet. Typically, a web server automatically collects IP addresses and uses them to administer a website. IP addresses are used in conjunction with cookies for the purpose of “remembering” computers or other devices used to access our website. For further details, see “Cookies” below.
We may include web beacons or transparent GIF files on our websites and messages, which we would use in conjunction with cookies to help us manage our online advertising and measure its effectiveness, identify our users, and analyze traffic. Web beacons may also assist us with understanding which advertisements are most effective by notifying us if webpages, emails or ads have been viewed or clicked. The information that we collect by means of these technologies is anonymous.
We may also use other technologies similar to cookies and web beacons such as HTML5 Local Storage, local shared objects, tags, and scripts. These technologies are used for similar purposes as cookies and web beacons. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances will require additional steps beyond browser settings to manage their use and removal. We and our third-party partners may also use these technologies to provide certain features on our website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activities, and/or to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these technologies.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, visit:
These websites and third-party ad networks are not controlled by LeaseQuery. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising; you will continue to receive generic ads that are not based on your specific interests.
How to Delete or Block Cookies at Any Time
You may delete or block cookies at any time by changing your browser settings. Click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instructions, or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org. If you delete or block cookies, some of the features on our website may not function properly. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that allows you notify websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, our website does not respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
LeaseQuery may provide links on our website to other websites that are not under our control. We do not endorse or make any warranty of any type regarding the content contained on such websites or products and services offered on those websites. We make no representation regarding your use of such websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This policy applies solely to information collected by us. You should read any other applicable privacy and cookies policies carefully before accessing and using such other websites.
Our website is not intended for use by children. We do not solicit or knowingly accept any personal information from persons under the age of 18. Please do not use our website if you are under the age of 18.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will not necessarily bring changes or updates to your attention, so please revisit this page periodically to re-read this policy and to ensure you are aware of any changes when you visit the website.
This website privacy statement was last updated on August 14, 2019.