This website privacy statement applies to all LeaseQuery’s public websites under the domain name leasequery.com. If you subscript to LeaseQuery’s lease accounting software-as-a-service solution, then you will access that service through a private web-based application, and LeaseQuery’s receipt and handling of personal information collected through that application, which is outside the scope of this website privacy statement, will be governed by the terms of the subscription agreement between you and LeaseQuery.
We provide a full-service software-as-a-service application designed to simplify the management, storage and tracking of, and accounting for, real estate, equipment or other leases, as well as related services and products (collectively, the “Lease Accounting Solution”). As a part of delivery of our Lease Accounting Solution, we routinely collect and retain personal information about our clients and their personnel.
Select one of the links below to jump to the relevant section:
Personal Information We Obtain
Through our website, subject to your consent, if required by law, we may collect the following personal information, as relevant and as is voluntarily supplied to us by you (this is not a definitive list):
- Names and contact details including telephone number, email address, postal address and place of employment;
- Services which are of interest to you;
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our website;
- Information about your activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information and other computer and connection information (such as IP address) relating to your use of our website, which may be collected using log files, cookies and similar technologies; and
- Records of any correspondence we have with you.
How We Use the Personal Information We Obtain
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may use your personal information for the following reasons (this is not a definitive list):
- To contact you regarding any inquiry you make or to fulfill a request, such as a request for information about our Lease Accounting Solution, related services, a free trial, or for support questions regarding your use of our website;
- To improve and personalize your experience when you use our website;
- To improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services;
- For internal record keeping and administration of records;
- For statistical analysis;
- To share with you an e-newsletter, blog entry or any other updates, communications or publications, subject to your consent if required by applicable law;
- For direct marketing purposes subject to your consent if required by applicable law (see “Managing Your Preferences” below); and
- For compliance with applicable laws and/or regulations and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations.
Disclosures of the Personal Information We Collect
We may disclose your personal information:
- To third parties engaged to help us run our business, subject to your consent if required by law. These types of third parties may include service providers retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, including (without limitation) legal, accounting, audit, consulting and other professional service providers, and providers of other services related to our business. These third parties may or may not be located within the United States. Portions of our services may be provided by organizations or individuals with which LeaseQuery has a contractual relationship, including subcontractors, and, accordingly, your personal information may be disclosed to them. We take steps aimed at ensuring that all such persons use your personal information disclosed by us only for the purpose of delivering our service and for no other purpose;
- In response to a court order or a request for cooperation from a regulatory, law enforcement or other government agency;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When we believe that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing;
- To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of LeaseQuery, its clients, staff, suppliers or others; and
- To purchasers and, subject to local legal requirements, prospective purchasers in the event that LeaseQuery disposes of, or considers the disposition of, any of its business or assets.
We do not make a practice of selling, sharing, trading or renting your personal information to others in ways that differ from what is disclosed within this policy, agreed to contractually by our clients or otherwise with their permission; provided, if you are referred by a third party to LeaseQuery for our services, we may share information with such third party in accordance with our business relationship with you and that third party.
Managing Your Preferences
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing information about our products and services as well as those of our affiliates and third parties, and we may permit those affiliates or other third parties to send their own direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing may be by email, telephone, post or SMS or such other methods as may become relevant.
We will take steps to seek to ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. For example, in emails, we may provide you with an “unsubscribe” link, or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. In addition, if we need your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
Commitment to Security, Privacy and Standards
We take seriously our efforts to protect the security and privacy of the information we receive via our website. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide via our website against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Any suspected attempt to breach our policies and procedures, or to engage in any type of unauthorized action involving our information systems, is regarded as potential criminal activity. Suspected computer mischief may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Please remember that communications over the internet such as emails are not secure. We seek to keep secure all confidential information and personal information submitted to us through our website in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations. However, like all website operators, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through our website.
An IP address is a number which recognizes the computer or other device used to access the internet. Typically, a web server automatically collects IP addresses and uses them to administer a website. IP addresses are used in conjunction with cookies for the purpose of “remembering” computers or other devices used to access our website. For further details, see “Cookies” below.
We may include web beacons or transparent GIF files on our websites and messages, which we would use in conjunction with cookies to help us manage our online advertising and measure its effectiveness, identify our users, and analyze traffic. Web beacons may also assist us with understanding which advertisements are most effective by notifying us if webpages, emails or ads have been viewed or clicked. The information that we collect by means of these technologies is anonymous.
We may also use other technologies similar to cookies and web beacons such as HTML5 Local Storage, local shared objects, tags, and scripts. These technologies are used for similar purposes as cookies and web beacons. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances will require additional steps beyond browser settings to manage their use and removal. We and our third-party partners may also use these technologies to provide certain features on our website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activities, and/or to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these technologies.
How to Delete or Block Cookies at Any Time
You may delete or block cookies at any time by changing your browser settings. Click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instructions, or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org. If you delete or block cookies, some of the features on our website may not function properly. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that allows you notify websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, our website does not respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
LeaseQuery may provide links on our website to other websites that are not under our control. We do not endorse or make any warranty of any type regarding the content contained on such websites or products and services offered on those websites. We make no representation regarding your use of such websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the operators of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This policy applies solely to information collected by us. You should read any other applicable privacy and cookies policies carefully before accessing and using such other websites.
Our website is not intended for use by children. We do not solicit or knowingly accept any personal information from persons under the age of 18. Please do not use our website if you are under the age of 18.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will not necessarily bring changes or updates to your attention, so please revisit this page periodically to re-read this policy and to ensure you are aware of any changes when you visit the website.
This website privacy statement was last updated on November 7th, 2017.